Thursday, June 10, 2010

study break at almost 3am

Now playing on JennyRadio:
Ben Harper - God Fearing Man



I cried the first time I heard this song. It's power overwhelms me every time I listen to it. I can agree that his guitar playing is something that takes getting used to if you're not used to that style (I grew up on the blues), but I think he is absolutely amazing. Some songs are meant to play sloppy, and raw, and totally by emotional whim. Those are the ones that are played straight from the heart. And look, this version has slightly screwy audio. Go find the real 11 and a half minute song. Much better sound on my awesome headphones too.

I went in to work today, and they didn't need me, so I went to see Aaron at work, and we went out for lunch. Since he works off of Crump Blvd, on the way home I stopped by the old historic Elmwood Cemetery. To quote a website I found, it is "not only a cemetery, but an arboretum and bird sanctuary, and a home to one of the major preserves of old forest growth left in the developed metropolis of modern Memphis." I thought to myself as I left, "I wanna come back and take an audio tour when I have more time." So I get home tonight and check my email, and BAM! Groupon has a local Memphis e-coupon for 50% off the cost of a ticket for an audio tour for Elmwood Cemetery! FREAKY!!! It's fate! I'm totally taking Haley. She likes grave rubbings.

I spent over 4 hours tonight reading 4 chapters on Chemistry. I HATE THIS CLASS ALREADY. Not only will we cover 30 chapters in 10 weeks, but there are still two other classes. THANK GOD I have Ms. Davis for Ethics. I love that woman.

I was so drained tonight when I got home, and I was very happy to see a dvd sitting on my desk that I rented from Netflix (GET OUT!) haha It's an animated flick by Tim Burton called "9" and it was fantastic. I was very impressed, and surprised that I hadn't heard of it before. For such a (color-wise) dark movie, they made every scene awe-inspiring, and beautiful. It's a post-apocalyptic story about foregoing what is easy and convient to do, and doing what is right and just. It's rated pg-13, but I thought it would appeal toward an older crowd than strictly children. Hell, I even watched the making of, and that was pretty cool too. Apparently the guy who made this originally made the short film it's based on. It was his thesis for film school, and the guy even got an academy nomination for it. Anyways, totally worth a watch.

I am also leaving up Soulseek for anyone who wants to use it. My user name is arahslan, of course. lol Haley wants to download some music from me so it will be up indefinitely. If you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, go HERE.

If anyone happens to know a lot about Chemistry, then meet me and like 4 other people at Mazzio's Pizza on Navy Road in Millington at noon on Friday. I'm SO not kidding. Ok well, I'm off to go find the specific heat of aluminum, so I'll see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember, I can kill you with the power of my mind, so be nice!